Teaching and Learning Enhancement Fund (TLEF)
The Teaching and Learning Enhancement Fund (TLEF) was created in 1991 to enrich student learning by supporting innovative and effective educational enhancements. It is financed entirely by a portion of the student tuition paid to UBC Vancouver. Each year, the Provost invites applications for TLEF funding for initiatives that will improve the student learning experience at our university.
2019 TLEF Funding Round Announced
Ideas for all TLEF proposals that involve Faculty of Medicine Programs must first be reviewed by the 2019 Faculty of Medicine TLEF Review Advisory Council prior to starting the TLEF online application.
To initiate the review:
Complete the FoM TLEF prescreen form and submit it to Erin Hagen on email@example.com no later than 12 noon on November 1, 2018 (just over two weeks before the Small TLEF Innovation project proposal application deadline). Once the 2019 Faculty of Medicine TLEF Review Advisory Council has reviewed the proposals and provided feedback, applicants can submit their Small TLEF proposals by the university deadline.
For more information regarding the TLEF application process and criteria, please visit the UBC TLEF web site:
- Application Process – http://tlef.ubc.ca/application/application-process/
- TLEF Criteria – http://tlef.ubc.ca/application/tlef-criteria/
Timelines for 2019
Large TLEF Transformation projects and Undergraduate Program Evaluation and Renewal projects
- Deadline to submit Faculty of Medicine Proposal Form: Closed
- Deadline for LOI Submission: Closed
- Full Proposal Submission: October 11, 2018 at 3:00 pm
- Deadline to submit Faculty of Medicine Proposal Form: November 1, 2018 at 12 noon.
- Full Proposal Submission: November 15, 2018 at 3:00 pm