1. I have missed the internal (Faculty or College) deadline. What can I do?
We do not have any influence on the internal deadline. The applicant will have to contact the Dean’s/Principal’s/VP’s Office.
2. May I submit an application without the signature of my Dean?
The Dean’s/Principal’s signature (or that of his/her delegate) is required on the application before it can be processed.
3. What is the maximum number of pages?
The requirement is 6 pages for new programs and 7 pages for continued programs (which require an additional page for the progress report).
4. May I hand-deliver my own application to your office?
No. All applications need to be forwarded to the relevant Dean’s/Principal’s/VP’s Office.
5. Will late applications be accepted?
Late applications will not be accepted.
6. When will I be notified whether my application was accepted?
Usually the announcements go out in early March. A letter from the Vice Provost and Associate Vice President Academic Affairs and Resources goes out to each applicant, regardless of whether or not his/her application was successful.
7. How long are the funds provided for?
One fiscal year, from April 1 to March 31.
8. How will I get the funds?
The Office of the Vice Provost and AVP Academic sets up an individual PG in the name of the Principal Signatory (author) of the project and advises each applicant by email.
9. Why are there no funds showing in my TLEF account?
It may take a few months for the first installment to be transferred to the account. However, you may withdraw funds in the meantime, creating a deficit that will be corrected later when the funds are deposited.
10. Can a student submit an application?
Either an undergraduate or a graduate student can submit an application as long as there is a co-applicant (co-principal signatory) who is a Faculty member.
11. What do I need to include in the interim/final report?
The most important components are:
- an indication of what has been accomplished
- measures of impact on teaching and learning at UBC
- examples of student involvement (where appropriate)
- student evaluation and feedback (as appropriate)
- summary of expenditures incurred to date